MAKE AN APPOINTMENT 847-695-7387

Keeping Your Pets Safe and Warm this Holiday Season

As the temperatures drop outside, it can only mean that sleet, snow, and ice is around the corner! We hope that you and your pet stay safe and warm! Outside sidewalks and driveways become slippery, so we recommend using a pet-safe de-icer.

Many salts and ice-melting products can be toxic to your pet. Please keep your pet from eating the salts that have been used to de-ice driveways, sidewalks, and all other icey areas. Salts are most commonly made up of sodium chloride or calcium chloride, both which can be harsh on your pet’s paws and harmful if ingested. Ingesting small amounts of ice-melting products can cause vomiting and diarrhea, and consuming larger amounts can be lethal.  

412274_3611121216094_1874006743_o

Tips for Happy Paws

  • Wash her paws right after you’ve finished your walk together outside. Cleanse all of the snow, ice, and harsh salts off of her paws to keep them clean, dry, and comfortable.
  • Avoid letting her eat or drink near areas that may have been treated with salts.
  • If you are going to keep your outside areas “ice-free”, choose only a safe, pet approved ice-melting product.