MAKE AN APPOINTMENT 847-695-7387

From Halloween Treats to Thanksgiving’s Turkey Dinner- Did You Know About These Common Pet Dangers?



The fall festivities of Halloween and Thanksgiving are right around the corner, and a variety of table foods and delicious treats will be right before our eyes! As pet owners, it is important that we know that these foods can be very dangerous if our pets were to consume them. Not only do some of these table foods and treats pose as choking hazards, but they can also cause a variety of health complications, if ingested. Some of these Fall treats can have severe, life-threatening consequences if consumed in any number or quantity.

412274_3611121216094_1874006743_o

 

Please take a look at the items listed below and keep your pet from consuming the following foods:

  • Chocolate
  • Candy
  • Candy Wrappers
  • Plastic Toys such as rings, teeth, spiders, etc.
  • Gum
  • Xylitol
  • Turkey Bones
  • Chicken Bones
  • Corn’s Cobb
  • Grapes and Raisins
  • Fatty Table Scraps
  • Unbaked Yeast-Bread Dough
  • Alcohol

 

 

 

Signs That Your Pet May Have Consumed a Toxic Food

If your pet has consumed a toxic food, he or she may be experiencing one or more of the following symptoms:

  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Seizures
  • Difficulty Breathing
  • Lethargy
  • Choking

If you suspect that your dog or cat has gotten into any of the items listed above, please call us immediately at (847) 695-7387, or contact the Pet Poison Control helpline at (855) 764-7661 (there may be a charge associated with the Pet Poison Control Helpline). For more information on general toxic foods to cats and dogs, please visit

http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/pet-owners/seasons/halloween/ for more pet poison dangers that may be in your home.